The Work of HPCVS
- Supporting, encouraging and training groups of individuals who want to create new organisations to meet needs that they have identified in their community.
- Providing support, encouragement and guidance for existing groups so that they meet new areas of need they have identified in their community.
- Support in writing funding applications and business plans.
- Assisting the voluntary and community sector to respond to changing laws, rules and opportunities.
- Helping voluntary and community groups deal effectively with other sectors (Health, Local Authority, Central Government, Private sector).
- Providing forums for groups to share ideas and information and to learn from each other.
3 Enabling Representation
- Assisting groups in their concerns and aspirations and helping them to voice their concerns and mount campaigns.
- Providing practical services and support for local groups, such as Printing and Copying, Room Hire or Equipment Loan.
- Providing training and links to training.
- Providing information services through a Directory of Local Community and Voluntary Organisations and a Community Resource Library.
- Providing a communication service to and between voluntary and community groups through newsletters, web pages, public presentations and telephone advice.
- Strengthening local partnerships through the informed and enthusiastic involvement of the voluntary and community sector.