Leek United Building Society Charitable Foundation was founded in 2021 to support local schemes and good causes across Staffordshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire and Shropshire. The Foundation’s primary purpose is to provide grants and donations that will have a positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged or vulnerable people in our communities.
The Foundation will consider your application if:
- Your charity/community organisation is based in Staffordshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire and Shropshire.
- You are applying for a grant no more than £5,000.
- You don’t need to be a member of the Society to apply for funding.
The Foundation welcome applications from organisations who are working towards:
- The prevention or relief of poverty
- The provision of welfare advice
- The advancement of community facilities including the development of green spaces
- The provision of healthy food to vulnerable and disadvantaged people
- The development of digital inclusion
- The support of local people attempting to return to employment
Applications will not be considered if received from the following:
- Charities/Organisations that have not submitted their annual returns to the Charity Commission or Companies House
- Charities/Organisations with an annual turnover in excess of £250,000
- Requests for sponsorships and general fundraising appeals
- Requests to fund administrative costs, including salaries, travel costs, rent or promotional material
- Projects with a political element
- Charities/Organisations that have received a Leek United Building Society Charitable Foundation donation within the last three years